Closing date – 2017.08.25
INSTITUTE – University of Moratuwa
Course name – Bachelor of Information Technology
Course Details – The University of Moratuwa announces the commencement of the 13th intake of the Bachelor of Information Technology (BIT) External Degree programme administered through the Centre for Open & Distance Learning (CODL) of the University of Moratuwa.
• Bachelor’s degree offered within six semesters.
• Open to G.C.E. ( A.L.) Qualified students from any stream or those with other equivalent qualifications (visit the CODL web site for other equivalent qualifications).
• Offered in two modes.
Mode 01: Collaboration with Partner Organizations (POs) – face-to-face lectures will be delivered by POs.
Mode 02: Direct Mode – independent learning with support from CODL (only for government officers).
• Multiple entry and exit points.
1. Three passes in the G.C.E. (A/L) examination in one sitting and a credit pass for Mathematics in the G.C.E (0/L) examination.
2. Any other academic qualification, equivalent to 1 or higher, approved by the Senate on the recommendation of the Faculty Board
3. Any other qualification from a Professional Institution approved by the Senate on the recommendation of the Faculty Board.
A candidate who has obtained at least 6 passes in not more than two sittings and a credit pass in Mathematics at the GCE Ordinary Level Examination and a fulltime Diploma/Certificate or higher qualification of at least 1 year duration from a recognized institution to have satisfied the entry criteria under section 2 above. (Applicants who do not qualify under section 1 must pass the Aptitude Test conducted by the Faculty)
(For recognized institutions refer to applicant handbook in CODL website
Instructions for candidates
•Application fee of Rs. 750/- should be paid to University of Moratuwa account No. 70993353 at any branch of the Bank of Ceylon.
•Please indicate “Application for BIT Programme-UOM” on the top-left corner of the envelope.
•Supporting documents to be attached to the application: Certified copies of, Birth Certificate,Relevant educational certificate, NIC or detail page of the
passport, Payment Receipt of Rs.750/-(Application fee).
•Course fees details visit CODL website
Registrar,University of Moratuwa
Address – Centre for Open & Distance Learning (CODL) , UNIVERSITY OF MORATUWA , Katubedda, Moratuwa, Sri Lanka.
Contact Number – 011 308 2787 / 8 , 011 265 0301 ext. 3850,3851
Fax Number – 011 265 0572
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org