Closing Date – 2017.10.15
USAID I SRI LANKA
INFORMATION MANAGEMENT ASSISTANT
The United States Agency for International Development (USAID) in Colombo seeks suitable candidates for the position of an Information Management Assistant for USAID/Sri Lanka. The incumbent is responsible for providing support to the USAID Local Area Network (LAN) system. This includes support to users in Mission standard Windows_ applications tike MS Word; MS Excel, PowerPoint, Gmail, etc.
He/she will be responsible for functional analysis of user operations, requirements gathering and the development of Mission databases and applications to improve user productivity. He/she will share responsibility for developing the Mission Intranet site and any other web development. He/she will work with the Mission’s Systems Manager and Mission personnel to maximize the benefit from standard Windows applications and other software packages.
He/she participates in Mission LAN/WAN operations and maintenance. The incumbent will support the Systems Manager in maintaining network security and performance which includes: firewall; anti-virus updates; Windows security updates, and other network appliances. He/she will assist with server, PC, printer and other hardware setup. He/she will take part in monitoring of various telecommunication links which include dial up, VPN, VSAT and other communication related equipment. He/she shares IT training activities with the Systems Manager on a variety of topics. For detailed information on the vacancy announcement, please visit USAID/Sri Lanka website:
Required Qualifications, Experience and Skills:
1. Education: A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or other Information Technology field is required.
2. Prior Work/Professional Experience: Three to five years of progressively responsible experience in developing Access database applications, working with Web applications and complex computer operations in a LAN environment is required.
3. Language Proficiency: Level IV English and Level IV Sinhala/Tamil proficiency is required (This will be tested).
4. Skills and Abilities: Expert knowledge of present day computer technology, telecommunications equipment and Worldwide Web use plus applicability in work processes is required. Expertise in the use and application of standard off the shelf software packages and operating systems, e.g., Windows 7 and 10 is essential. Concepts of systems design, network management, operations and maintenance is desired. Working knowledge on programming with Visual Studio, MS Access and web development is required. Analytical skills in the application of IT tools and resources to resolve problems are required. Good interpersonal skills in dealing with users and user problems are also required.
Remuneration: Between Rs. 1,677,363/- to Rs. 2,851,523/- per annum (plus allowances as per the Mission Compensation Plan)
TO APPLY: Interested applicants for this position must submit the following or the application will not be considered:
(1) Universal Application for Employment (UAE) as a Locally Employed Staff or Family Member (DS-174); or a current resume or curriculum vitae that provides the same information found on the UAE form DS-174. The UAE form DS-174 or the Resume/CV must be signed.
(2) Any other documentation (e.g. certificates, awards) that addresses the qualification requirements of the position as listed above.
You may download the UAE form DS-174 at: http://www.usaid.gov/sri-lanka/careers
SUBMIT APPLICATION TO:
The Executive Officer, USAID/Sri Lanka via e-mail to: [email protected] on or before October 15, 2017. Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted.
Applications that do not meet the above requirements WILL NOT be considered by the selection committee. Only those applicants considered by USAID to be in the most competitive range in terms of qualifications and experience will be notified for further review in the position vacancy selection process.
Vacancy Details in sinhala – Puwatha.com
- Sunday Observer 2017.10.01
- Government Jobs
- we give information under more categories in this website . They are educational, Job vacancies , Courses and tenders. All information are given through newspapers , Gazette and internet . Main ownership of these information is belonged to the website .All Publications and Notifications posted here are taken from official sources.With the purpose of ready information availability to Sri Lankans.