Closing Date – 2017.10.17
Regional Development Bank, as a premier development bank in Sri Lanka with a network of 268 branches island-wide and with over 3000 manpower strength, invites applications from dynamic and result-oriented individuals with relevant qualifications and experience for the following posts.
ASSISTANT GENERAL MANAGER— BUILDING AND MAINTENANCE
Job Location: Head Office
Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Designing, preparation of drawings, Engineering Estimates, BOQ and tender documents for the new constructions, renovations of existing buildings, interior works and landscaping etc.
• Undertake Technical Evaluation and recommendation for tender approval
• Construction Supervision, progress monitoring and recommending for payments of the completed work
• Assist to the RGMs to maintain and up-keeping of bank premises in the respective region
• Attending monthly meetings of the region and submitting reports to DGM —Operations and Business Support regarding the constructions / maintenance works
• Coordinating the works related to the installation and maintenance of Generators, Air Conditioners, CCTV camera systems, Fire Protection systems, Power Supply and Distribution System and other building services such as lift, telephone, plumbing etc.
• Providing instructions necessary for the preparation of service agreements with respective parties with regard to air conditioners, generators etc.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Should possess a B.Sc. degree in Civil Engineering from a recognized university and be a member of the Institution of Engineers of Sri Lanka (IESL) or a member of the Institution of Engineers (London).
• At least 10 years post qualifying experience in Civil Engineering work including tender procedures of civil construction
• Experience in contract administration is essential • Ability to handle civil contracts and familiarity with the ICTAD conditions
• Experience in installation and maintenance of power supply and air conditioning system will be an added advantage
• Age preferably below 50 years
ASSISTANT MANAGER — LEGAL
Job Location: Province Office — Eastern Province
■ Liaise with officials of the bank on legal matters and court cases III Carry out consultation with counsellors and panel lawyers with regard to the matters referred by the management
■ Undertake drafting plaints, affidavits, petitions and filing cases at the relevant Courts and appearing for those Court cases.
■ Carry out examination and perusing of title documents, title insurance policies and all other legal documentation
■ Compiling and maintaining a database of cases and panel lawyers of the bank and updating
■ Assist the Chief Legal Officer in preparation / execution / enforcement of agreements
■ Be an Attorney -at-Law and Notary Public, preferably with LLB degree (Any post graduate qualification in related field or professional examination in banking/finance will be added advantage)
Overall 02 years executive experience in Civil Law Court practice, conveyance practice and other related legal work in a Public or Private sector Institution. Preference will be given to candidates with wide experience in Civil Courts and Notarial work. Be computer literate. Experience in a bank or recognized financial institution is preferred.
The selected candidate should have a notarial license in both languages (Tamil and English).
■ Age below 40 years
■ The appointment will be made on Contract basis initially for a period of 02 years
Method of Selection
Shortlisted applicants based on the stipulated qualifications and experience will be called for an interview.
An attractive negotiable remuneration package will be on offer to the right candidate.
Closing Date for Applications
October 17, 2017 How to apply
How to apply
Interested qualified candidates should send their applications, curriculum vitae and copies of their educational/Professional transcripts and the names, addresses and contact numbers of two professional non related referees. Post applied for should be indicated on the top left-hand corner of the envelope enclosing the application.
Head of HRD & Administration,
Regional Development Bank,
No.933, Kandy Road,
- Sunday Observer 2017.10.01
- Government Jobs
- we give information under more categories in this website . They are educational, Job vacancies , Courses and tenders. All information are given through newspapers , Gazette and internet . Main ownership of these information is belonged to the website .All Publications and Notifications posted here are taken from official sources.With the purpose of ready information availability to Sri Lankans.