Closing Date – 2017.10.20
PROVINCIAL COUNCIL PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION (NWP)
Open Competitive Examination For the Recruitment to the Post of Librarian- Grade III of the North Western Provincial Council Public Service – 2017
APPLICATIONS are invited from the males and females who have the following qualifications and who are permanent residents of the North Western Province to be recruited to the vacancies existing at Pradeshiya Sabhas in the Post of Librarian – Grade III of the North Western Provincial Council Public Service.
It is hereby announced that the above examination will be conducted by the Provincial Public Service Commission of the North Western Provincial Council in November 2017 at an examination centre established in the city of Kurunegala. The Provincial Public Service Commission of the North Western Provincial Council reserves the right to postpone or to cancel the examination.
01. Salary Scale :-
The Salary scale applicable to this post according to the salary scale MN 3-2016 is Rs. 31,040-10 x 445 – 11 x 660-10 x 730-10 x 750- Rs. 57,550.
(as per the schedule 1 of the Public Administration Circular No. 03/2016 dated 25.02.2016) However, salaries will be paid according to the schedule II of the above Circular until 01.01.2020.
02. Educational Qualifications :
Should have passed 06 subjects including English Language in not more than two sittings with Credit passes for Sinhala/Tamil Language, Mathematics and 02 other subjects at the General Certificate of Education (Ordinary Level) Examination. (05 Subjects out of these subjects should have passed in the same sitting)
Should have passed any 03 subjects (excluding the Common General Test) at the General Certificate of Education (Advanced Level) Examination.
(i) Should have obtained a Bachelor of Arts (General) Degree in Library Science from a recognized University,
(ii) Should have passed the 03-year Diploma in Library Science conducted by the Sri Lanka Library Association,
(iii) should have passed a 03 -year Diploma in Library Science conducted by a recognized University.
03. Other Qualifications:-
I. Applicants should have an excellent moral character,
II. Should be a citizen of Sri Lanka and a resident of the territory of the North Western Provincial Council during preceding three years to the closing date of applications. (Residency should be proved by a residency certificate issued by the Grama Niladhari and counter signed by the Divisional Secretary),
III. Age should be not less than 18 years and not more than 35 years as at 20.10.2017 (Age limit will not be applicable to those who are already in the public service),
IV. All requirements for recruitment should be completed to the date 20.10.2017 and the certificates should have obtained on or before that date,
V. Applicants should be physically and mentally fit to serve and perform the duties of the post in any area of the North Western Province.
04. Conditions of Service :
4.1 This post is permanent. The appointments will be subjected to the policy decision made by the Government on the Pension Scheme Applicable to the appointees.
4.2 The appointees to this post will be subjected to a probation period of 03 years. Appointments will be made permanent at the end of the probation period if the conduct of the appointees is satisfactory and if the appointees have performed the duties satisfactorily during the probation period and passed the 1st Efficiency Bar Examination and fulfilled the other prerequisites required for making the appointment permanent.
4.3 Applicants should obtain the competency in the other official language/languages other than the language of enrolment in terms of the Public Administration Circular 01/2014 and subsequent circulars within 5 years from the date of appointment.
4.4 The appointees should abide by the regulations of the Establishment Code of the Democratic Socialist Republic of Sri Lanka, Financial Regulations, Financial Regulations Code of the North Western Provincial Council, Disciplinary Procedure Code of the North Western Provincial Council, Procedural Rules of the North Western Provincial Council, Department Orders and regulations of the Government and the North Western Provincial Council already issued and will be issued from time to time, in addition to the regulations of the Scheme of Recruitment applicable to this post.
05. Method of Recruitment :
5.1 Recruitment will be made on the results of a written examination conducted by the North Western Provincial Council Public Service Commission. Number of applicants equal to the number of existing vacancies will be summoned to an interview to check the qualifications out of the applicants who obtain 40% of total marks or more for each and every question paper mentioned in the examination syllabus, in order of merit according to the total marks obtained for all 03 question papers. Marks will not be given at the interview. Educational, Proffesssional and Other required basic qualifications and the physical fitness will be checked at the interview.
5.2 60% of the vacancies will be filled on the results of the open competitive examination.
5.3 In case 40% of the vacancies cannot be filled completely on the results of the limited competitive examination, the rest of the vacancies will be filled out of the applicants who have passed the open competitive examination.
06. Written Examination :
6.1 Written examination will be conducted in Sinhalese, Tamil and English Languages and the applicants will not be allowed to change the language medium at a later stage.
6.2 This examination will comprise of three question papers.
Detailed syllabus is given at the Schedule 01.
07. Examination Fees:-
A sum of Rs. 500 being the examination fee should be paid to the Divisional Secretariat of the area of permanent residence to be credited to Revenue Head 2003-02-13 of Secretary, North Western Provincial Council Public Service Commission and the receipt WPSM/2 obtained from the Divisional Secretariat should be affixed to the application. Receipts other than the receipts obtained from the Divisional Secretariat or Money Orders will not be accepted. (Retaining a photocopy of the receipt may be useful for future reference). It should be noted that the examination fee is non-refundable under any circumstance and it will not be allowed to transfer the fees to any other examination.
08. Method of Application :
8.1 Applications should be prepared in A4 size paper using the both sides as per the specimen application given at the end of this notification. Duly filled applications should be sent under registered cover to reach “Secretary, North Western Provincial Council Public Service Commission, Provincial Council Complex, Kurunegala” on or before 20.10.2017. The words “Open Competitive Examination for the recruitment to the Post of Librarian – Grade III of the North Western Provincial Council Public Service- 2017” should be clearly written on the top left hand corner of the envelope enclosing the application.
8.2 The applications which do not comply with the Specimen, not carry the receipts of examination fees paid before the due dates, not given the necessary details, incomplete and late will be rejected without any notice. Further, it is the responsibility of the applicant to check whether the prepared application complies with the specimen. The applicant should bear the liability for the losses due to incomplete applications. It would be useful to keep a photocopy of the completed application. The receipt of the applications will not be acknowledged.
8.3 Attestation of the Signature of the Applicant
The signature of the applicant should be attested by a Principal of a Government School/a Justice of Peace/ Commissioner of Oaths/Attorney-at-Law/Notary Public/Commissioned Officer in the Armed Forces/an Officer holding a gazetted Post in the Police Service or an officer holding a permanent Post in the Public/ Provincial Public Service whose annual combined salary is above Rs. 240,360).
9. Applications of the candidates who have not fulfilled the qualifications mentioned in this notification will be rejected. The issuance of an admission card to a candidate does not mean that he or she has fulfilled the required qualifications to sit for the examination. The originals of the documents to prove the qualifications should be submitted at the interview. It is compulsory that all the candidates must fulfill all the relevant requirements on or before the closing date of applications.
10. Identity of the applicants :-
Every applicant should prove his/her identity by a document mentioned below for every subject at the examination hall to the satisfaction of the supervisor of the examination hall :
1. The National Identity Card issued by the Department of Registration of Persons.
2. A valid Passport.
Note :- Applicants who fail to establish their identity at the examination hall will be considered as ineligible applicants.
11. Accurate information should be provided with due concern when filling the application. The applicants will not be allowed to alter the details provided in the application under any circumstances. if a candidate is found to be ineligible according to the rules of this examination, his/her candidature is liable to be cancelled at any stage prior to the appointment. If it is found that a candidate has furnished false information with knowledge, or if he/she has willfully suppressed any material fact, he/she shall be liable for dismissal from the Public Service. Issuance of an Admission Card should not be considered as an acceptance of fulfillment of the required qualifications by the applicants.
12. In case, the admission card for the examination is not received at least 07 days prior to the examination, it should be notified immediately to the “Secretary, North Western Provincial Council Public Service Commission, Provincial Council Complex, Kurunegala” along with the following details. Applicants will not be allowed to sit for the examination without the admission card :
(a) Name of the Examination,
(b) Full name of the Applicant,
(d) National Identity Card Number,
(e) Address to which the application was sent, postal registration number and the date.
13. the decision of the North Western Provincial Council Public Service Commission is conclusive and final with regard to the matters in this notifications or the matters not provided in this notification.
14. The North Western Provincial Council Public Service Commission reserves the right of taking the final decision on conducting or not conducting this examination, selecting or not selecting the candidates after the examination and determining the number of vacancies to be filled. Further, the decision of the North Western Provincial Council Public Service Commission on the matters not covered by this notification, if any, will be final and conclusive.
15. In the event of any mismatch or inconsistency between the Sinhala, Tamil and English texts of this notification, Sinhala test shall prevail.
By order of the North Western Provincial Council Public Service Commission.
North Western Provincial Council Public Service Commission.
Provincial Council Public Service Commission (NWP),
Provincial Council Office Complex,
07th September, 2017.
Application and more details – Download (Gazette – 2017.09.22)
- Government Gazette – 2017.09.22
- Government jobs
- Government jobs in srilanka Jobs
- we give information under more categories in this website . They are educational, Job vacancies , Courses and tenders. All information are given through newspapers , Gazette and internet . Main ownership of these information is belonged to the website .All Publications and Notifications posted here are taken from official sources.With the purpose of ready information availability to Sri Lankans.