Closing Date – 2017.10.30
Public Services Commission
Ministry of Labour, Trade Union Relations and Sabaragamuwa Development
Recruitment on open basis for the post of Legal Officer of Grade III of Executive Service Category
Applications are called from suitably qualified Sri Lanka Citizens who have fulfilled the qualifications set out
in this notice for one vacancy in the post of Legal Officer of the Ministry of Labour, Trade Union Relations and Sabaragamuwa Development.
01. Method of recruitment.–
A board of interview appointed by the Public Services Commission will conduct a structured interview for applicants who have fulfilled the qualifications set out in the notice and recruitment will be made on the merit of the aggregate of marks obtained at the structured interview in accordance with the marking procedure approved by the Public Services Commission. The date on which the appointment will be effective will be determined by the Public Services Commission.
02. Required qualifications :
2.1 Educational/ Professional qualifications :
(i) A degree in law from a University recognized by the University Grants Commission
(ii) S hould have taken oaths as an attorney at
law of Supreme Court
2.2 Experience :
(i) A ctive professional experience of not less than 03 years as an attorney at law after taking oaths as an attorney at law of Supreme Court (The period during which the experience was gained, date and official seal shall be clearly indicated in the documents corroborating the active professional experience)
2.3 Physical Fitness :
Every candidate should have adequate physical and mental fitness to serve in any part of the island and discharge his or her duties.
2.4 Other Qualifications :
(i) S hould be a Citizen of Sri Lanka.
(ii) S hould be of excellent moral character.
(iii) Qualifications should have been completed in every respect on the date specified in the notification calling for applications as the date on which the required qualifications for the recruitment to the post should be completed.
3. General Terms and Conditions of Employment :
(i) T his post is permanent. You shall be liable to policy decision to be taken in future by the government in respect of your pension entitlement.
(ii) T his post is subject to a probation period of 03 years.
(iii) Should pass the first efficiency bar examination as stated in the recruitment procedure before the lapse of 03 years from the date of appointment.
(iv) In terms of the provisions of Public Administration Circular No. 1/2014 dated 21.01.2014 and the circulars incidental thereto, the applicant should confirm that he/she has obtained the relevant Language Proficiency in respect of the Official Languages within 5 years from the date of recruitment and officers who joined the service in a medium which is not an official language should acquire the required Official Language proficiency within the probationary period.
(v) T his appointment is subject to the general conditions governing the appointments in public service, procedures and rules of Public Service Commission, Financial Regulations, provisions of Establishments Code and amendments thereto, the Financial Regulations and departmental and other orders.
4. Age Limit.– Shall be not less than 21 years and not more than 45 years as at the closing date of the applications.
5. Salary Scale.– As per Public Administration Circular No. 03/2016, the monthly salary scale relevant to this post is Rs.47,615 – 10×1335 – 8×1630 – 17 x 2,170 – 110,895. (Your salary will be paid in accordance with the provisions of the said circular and as mentioned in the schedule II appended thereto.)
More details Please Read this Gazette ( 2017.09.29 ) – click here ( Sinhala / Tamil )
- Government Gazette 2017.09.29
- Government Jobs
- we give information under more categories in this website . They are educational, Job vacancies , Courses and tenders. All information are given through newspapers , Gazette and internet . Main ownership of these information is belonged to the website .All Publications and Notifications posted here are taken from official sources.With the purpose of ready information availability to Sri Lankans.