MINISTRY OF HEALTH NUTRITION & INDIGENOUS MEDICINE
GLOBAL FUND TO FIGHT AIDS, TUBERCULOSIS & MALARIA (GLOBAL FUND)
The Ministry of Health, Nutrition & Indigenous Medicine is the Principal Recipient of four grants awarded by the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria (Global Fund). The giants Involve In the prevention and control of HIV/AIDS and Tuberculosis, prevention of re-Introduction of Malaria in to Sri Lanka. The grants are expected to run up to end of 2018.
Global Fund supports the production of the National Health Accounts of Sri Lanka. This wit be implemented through the Health Economics Cell, which Is under the Senior Assistant Secretary of Ministry of Health, Nutrition & Indigenous Medicine.
The Health Economics Cell of The Ministry of Health, Nutrition & Indigenous Medicine is calling applications for below position of Global Fund Project.
PROJECT OFFICER / ECONOMIST
Required qualifications, experience and competencies
1. A Bachelor’s degree in Economics / Statistics /Medical from a recognized University and/or equivalent professional qualifications in Economics / Statistics /Medical related field which Is recognized by the University Grants Commission with 2 years’ experience as a Project Officer / Junior Executive / ME. Officer. Preference will be Oven to those having a Special degree or had obtained merits (class).
2. A Post graduate degree / Diploma in Economics / Statistics /Medical or any other related field and knowledge In statistical software will be an added advantage.
3. Preference will be given to those who have prior working experience in a similar capacity in foreign funded projects, especially in the public sedan
4. Strong computer skills- word processing, presentation, internet and email software is a must.
5. Very good command of English and Sinhala/Tamil language, written and oral.
6. Proactive with high level of ownership of work and team player.
1. Age should be below 57 years as at 31.12.2018.
2. Only shortlisted candidates will be called for an interview.
3. Recruitment will be on contract basis up to 31 October 2018. First three months of the appointment will be on probationary.
4. Preferably, selected candidate should be able to take up the assignment immediately. 5. Salaries will be according to the Management Service Circular No.01/2016 dated 24.03.2016.
6. The contribution of the employer for EPF is 12% and ETF Is 3% of the salary. The EPF contribution of the employee is 8% of the salary.
7. Candidates who are already in the public service should submit their applications through the relevant Head of the Department / CEO of the Agency who should Indicate that the candidate could be released In the event of being selected to the assignment.
All applications should be sent along with CV and copies of relevant certificates and documents in order to prove the qualification and experience. State “Application for Post of Project Officer/Economist-Global Fund Project” on top of the left side of envelope.
Closing date for applications: 01 April 2018