MINISTRY OF TRANSPORT & CIVIL AVIATION JOBS | RAILWAY DEPARTMENT JOBS | MINISTRY OF TRANSPORT & CIVIL AVIATION VACANCY | RAILWAY DEPARTMENT VACANCY | Free Application | SUPERINTENDENT VACANCY | MINISTRY OF TRANSPORT & CIVIL AVIATION In Srilanka | RAILWAY DEPARTMENT JOBS IN SRILANKA | Government Jobs | Gazette Jobs | MINISTRY OF TRANSPORT & CIVIL AVIATION SUPERINTENDENT Jobs
Closing Date – 2018.09.28
Job ID – CB 2018090502
Employer – Ministry of Transport and Civil Aviation, RAILWAY DEPARTMENT
Career Opportunities – SUPERINTENDENT
OPEN COMPETITIVE EXAMINATION FOR RECRUITMENT TO EXECUTIVE SERVICE CATEGORY OF GRADE III OF ASSISTANT SUPERINTENDENT (COMMERCIAL/ TRANSPORTATION) IN SRI LANKA RAILWAY DEPARTMENT – 2017(2018)
APPLICATIONS are hereby called from the qualified citizens of Sri Lanka for the Open Competitive Examination for recruitment to the posts in Grade III of Assistant Superintendent (Commercial/Transportation) in executive service Category in Sri Lanka Railway Department.
01. By this examination, the recruitment will be made to Grade III of Superintendent (Commercial/Transportation) in executive service Category in Sri Lanka Railway Department.
The closing date of receiving the applications is 28.09.2018.
Note.– No complaint that an application or a document concerned has been lost or delayed in post will be considered. Candidates themselves should bear the loss that may occur by delay of forwarding applications at the deadline.
Written Examination.- This examination will consist of three papers.
1. General Intelligence
2. Language Competency
3. General Knowledge.
Date of Examination.- This Examination will be held in December 2018. The Secretary reserves the right to postpone or cancel this Examination subject to instructions given by the Public Service Commission.
Interview.- It will be held a general interview with regard of the candidates, scored above for each of the papers, determined as sufficient by the Public Service Commission. The date of the interview will be decided by the Secretary as per the instructions of the Public Service Commission.
02. It will be made 12 appointments. If there are candidates with equal marks exceeding the number of vacancies for the last vacancy or the last vacancies, the filling of vacancies will be decided by the order of the Public Service Commission as per the clause in the minutes of procedural rules.
Download Government Gazette >> Click Here
Syllabus of the written Examination :
01. Intelligence Test.- This question paper will consist of 50 multiple choice and short answer questions using verbal, numerical, spatial contexts, tabular, pictures and graphs to assess the candidate’s capacity for comprehension ability and taking judicious decisions. All the questions should be answered. (One hour)
02. Language Competency.- This is a structured paper with essay type questions and providing short answers questions to assess the candidate’s knowledge on grammar in handling the language, precis writing, explanation of meaning, expressing the salient ideas clearly and perception of the language. All the questions should be answered.
03. General knowledge.- This is a structured paper with multiple questions and for providing short answers questions to test the candidate’s awareness and understanding of the social, political, cultural and economic environment of Sri Lanka, scientific, industrial any other modern factors operating at the national and global environment as well as the factors of scientific and industrial development. All the questions should be answered. (Two hours)
15. In the event of inconsistency among Sinhala, Tamil and English languages the Sinhala text shall prevail. On the order of the Public Service Commission,