Closing Date – 2017.10.13
GOVERNMENT OF THE DEMOCRATIC SOCIALIST REPUBLIC OF SRI LANKA
MINISTRY OF MEGAPOLIS AND WESTERN DEVELOPMENT
METRO COLOMBO URBAN DEVELOPMENT PROJECT (MCUDP) (World Bank Funded Project)
VACANCY – PROJECT STAFF
Metro Colombo Urban Development Project, implemented under the Ministry of Megapolis and Western Development is setup mainly to address the flood and drainage management in the Metro Colombo Region with sub projects to improve infrastructure, capacity building of selected local authorities and some beautification projects. US$ 321 Million worth project has 56 sub projects where credit facilitation is done by the World Bank. The scope of flood mitigation is proposed to achieve by installing three rain water pumping stations, two storm water tunnels and three flood control gates in addition to many new constructions and improvements to the storm water drainage system in the Metro Colombo area. These projects are stepping towards the implementation stage with experts of national and international design and build assignments and construction supervision assignments.
Project Management unit of the Metro Colombo Urban Development is expecting to secure the services of Professionals for the following vacancies.
1. Finance Manager – PS-3 Level – 01 Post
Finance Manager is responsible for managing the Finance Division of the Project Management Unit. S/he will assist the Project Director in all financial matters with responsibility for developing overall project policies on financial management and auditing of project accounts & preparing financial progress reports & annual accounts. S/he will coordinate with funding organizations on project financial management issues as required and delegated by the Project Director
• A Bachelor’s Degree in the relevant field which is recognized by the University Grants Commission with at least 14 years post qualifying experience at a Managerial Level out of which 07 years should be in Senior Managerial Level.
• A Bachelor’s Degree which is recognized by the University Grants Commission and a Postgraduate Degree in the relevant field or full membership of a recognized professional institution in the relevant field with at least 12 years post qualifying experience in Managerial Level.
• Class I Officer of a Government All Island Services or a similar status in the relevant field with at least 11 years experience in the Class I post.
Terms and Conditions:
Salary Scale: Rs. 180,000.00 + COL with annual increment on performance
basis – As per Management Service Circular No.01/2016 of 24.03.2016
2. Manager – Administration – PS-4 Level – 01 Post
Manager – Administration is responsible for managing the Administration Division of the Project Management Unit. S/he is expected to assist the Project Director in executing the powers & responsibilities related to general administration of the Project Management Unit , while managing and coordinating with administrative rules and procedures and act as the custodian of all assets and records of the project.
Required Qualifications – A Bachelor’s Degree in the relevant field which is recognized by the University Grants Commission with at least 09 years experience in the relevant field.
Terms and Conditions:
Salary Scale: Rs. 155,000.00 + COL with annual increment on performance basis – As per Management Service Circular No.01/2016 of 24.03.2016
Method of Selection: Working experience in foreign funded projects will be an added qualification and shortlisted applicants based on the qualifications and experience will be called for an interview.
The applicants are requested to forward their Curriculum Vitae giving Educational, Professional qualifications and experience along with two non-related referees under registered post on or before 13th October 2017 to reach the address given below.
Please indicate the post applied for on the top left hand corner of the envelope. Applicants who are in the Government Sector should forward their applications through Heads of the Departments and are advised to send an advance copy to ensure timely delivery of the applications.
Metro Colombo Urban Development Project
Ministry of Megapolis & Western Development
12th Floor, Sethsiripaya Stage II
Vacancy Details in sinhala – Puwatha.com
- Sunday Observer 2017.10.01
- Government Jobs
- we give information under more categories in this website . They are educational, Job vacancies , Courses and tenders. All information are given through newspapers , Gazette and internet . Main ownership of these information is belonged to the website .All Publications and Notifications posted here are taken from official sources.With the purpose of ready information availability to Sri Lankans.