The Ministry of Education has decided to name 8 schools currently under the provincial councils as national schools.
Accordingly, it has been decided to convert
- Dimbulagala-Vilalaya Central College
- Thopawewa Maha Vidyalaya
- Divulankadawala Central College
- Bakamuna Mahasen Maha Vidyalaya
- Polonnaruwa Muslim Central College
- Ampara-Uhana Maha Vidyalaya
- Henegama Central College in Gampaha
- Saranath College in Kuliyapitiya
into national schools.
The Ministry of Education announced that with this decision the number of national schools in the country will be increased to 370.
The statement notes that If there are any academic and non-academic employees in a school who do not agree to the acquisition of the respective schools by the Central Government, they will be released to the Provincial Public Service after a period of three years.
Source – Hirutv.lk