ol application 2019 | ol 2019 | ol results 2019 | ol application 2019 closing date | ol application | ol application form 2019 | ol donets | ol exam time table 2019
DEPARTMENT OF EXAMINATIONS, SRI LANKA
General Certificate of Education (Ordinary Level) Examination-December 2019
Applications are called from 02.05.2019 to 31.05.2019 from all the school and private applicants who intend to appear for the above examination. The specimen application form given here is only for the private applicants. Every private applicant should read and understand this notice completely and then should fill in the application form. A special consideration should be given to write the accurate number when mentioning the town number and the subject numbers in the application form.
02. Application forms for school applicants:
The relevant application forms have been sent to be received by 02.05.2019 to the government schools and approved pirivenas in which the students have sat the G.C.E. (O/L) Examination earlier. If any school has not received the applications by now, such schools should inform the School Examinations Organization & Results branch of this Department immediately.
Only those who have left school can apply as private applicants. Applying for this examination as a private applicant while still being in school is illegal. If such an instance is revealed, it will result in being debarred from sitting examinations.
03. Private applicants:
Any person not attending any state school, non fee-levying approved school or recognized Pirivena may sit as a private applicant. Applications for this examination will be received from private applicants only up to24th May 2019.
04. Private applicants should select the town closest to their permanent residence from the list of towns given for the examination. (Towns are given under each district) If some other Examination Centre is received due to non-selection in the said manner, not only that Centre but also the Town selected by you will not be amended later under any circumstances.
05. Application forms should be prepared by applicants themselves in accordance with the specimen application form appearing in this notice.
06. The application form should be prepared in 28cm x 21cm sized paper and No. 01-12 should appear on the first page while the No. 13-14 should appear on the reverse. The application form sent by you should be in compliance with the specimen application form.
07. Completed application forms should be sent by registered post to the “Commissioner General of Examinations, School Examinations Organization & Results branch, P.O. Box 1503, Colombo”. Indicate “GCE (O/L) – December 2019 and also the “ Town No. ………………………..” on the top left-hand corner of the envelope,
08. One applicant should submit only one application form. If any applicant sends more than one application form, his/her candidature will be cancelled or released results of the entire examination will be invalidated. They also can be subjected to a long term suspension of the examinations. Furthermore, one envelope should contain only one application. Applications should be completed correctly and clearly in one’s own handwriting and given instructions should be followed thoroughly for this.
09. When using application forms prepared and printed by outside institutions, the subject numbers, town numbers and all the other details should be in compliance with those given in this notice. The Department will hold no responsibility for any misprints with respect to the structure of the application form, subject lists, town numbers and incorrectly printed details, etc., and it is the responsibility of the applicants to prepare their applications in compliance with the specimen application form given in this notification which is the official notification of the Department of Examinations, Sri Lanka while utilizing the details given in this notice.
10. Proving identity:
Candidates should prove their identity at the examination centre each time they appear for a question paper. They should provide one of the following documents of identification to prove their identity.
(a) National Identity Card issued by the Department of Registration of Persons
(b) A Valid Passport.
(c) A Valid Driving Licence
11. Examination fee:
All private applicants must pay the prescribed fee, in accordance with the number of subjects they wish to appear for.
The prescribed fee has to be paid to a post office / sub post office and the receipt obtained has to be pasted in the relevant cage in the application. (It is advisable to keep a photocopy of the receipt and the receipt of registration of the application form with the applicant) Money orders are not accepted.
Special attention should be paid:
(a) Examination fees paid for this examination will not be refunded in full or partially or transferred as fees for any other examination.
After submitting the applications, the examination centre, the medium or subjects applied will not be changed under any circumstances. Therefore, the application form should be perfected duly.
(c) Applications for which examination fees have been paid to post offices after the closing date and applications received after the closing date will be rejected.
(d) The applicants who apply for the following Subjects in Category II should appear for a practical test. Final results will be released only for the candidates who appear for both written and practical components.
(40) Music (Oriental)
(41) Music (Western)
(42) Music (Carnatic)
(44) Dancing (Oriental)
(45) Dancing (Bharatha)
(50) Drama and Theatre (Sinhala)
(51) Drama and Theatre (Tamil)
(52) Drama and Theatre (English
Source – Department of Examinations, Sri Lanka ( Official webfite/doenets.lk )